Sunday, October 14, 2007


The woman that is next to me in the picture is a really important person in my life. She is Barb Uschan, and she is the person whose heart and house have been open to me since I came to this country. She is not a real relative, or someone that my blood said is your family. But, she is more than that, because she has been giving me all the love and protection that just a mother can give to her children, yeah, she is like a mother for me, she is very special, sweet, funny, generous, and a mother as I said before.
During the time that I have been living here, she has given so much fun and joy to my life and even in the worst situation that I had lived in this country, she had been there.
Now, that I moved to Chicago for my studies we get apart a little bit, I wish I can see her every single day as I did before but that is impossible at least for the moment, but we still so close and important to each other as the first day that we met.

1 comment:

Denise said...

She looks so lovely -- I'm so glad you found a mother away from home.